“In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed Heir of all things, and through Whom He made the universe.”(Hebrews 1:1-2)
We sing this praise song in church:
“In the Name of Jesus, in the Name of Jesus, we have the victory! In the Name of Jesus, In the Name of Jesus, Satan, you have to flee! Tell me, who can stand before us when we call on that great name? Jesus! Jesus! Precious Jesus! We have the victory!” – Traditional
Why does this Name have so much power?
Well, in order to answer that fully, you really have to start at Genesis 1:1 and go all the way through the end of the Revelation — the whole Bible is about Him! You see, God reveals to us His whole plan, His purpose for mankind, and His character, through the life and person of His Son, Jesus Christ.
In this verse, alone, we learn these things about Jesus, and God:
- Jesus is the Son of God. Not in the spiritual sense, but in the sense that He was born as a human, and God is His Father. As a Son, He has inherited all the God has – which is all!
- His Name, Jesus means “Yahweh saves.” To the Jews of Jesus’ time, the meaning of a name has great significance. In naming His Son, God reveals His purpose and God’s plan: our salvation through the Savior of Mankind, Jesus.
- Jesus inherited all of creation. Adam abdicated dominion in the garden, and died. Jesus conquered death and took back dominion, gave it to the Father, who gave it back to Him. We, as spiritual brothers, share this dominion now. We have power!
- Jesus’ words are God’s words. Whenever I go on Facebook, I read arguments on Christian doctrinal issues. This scripture seems to say to us that, if there is confusion about an issue, go see what Jesus said about it, because Jesus’ thoughts ARE God’s thoughts. In fact, the Greek scriptures use the word Logos (literally, “word”), to refer to Jesus. Alistair McGrath, Oxford professor, scientist and theologian said, “God’s logos – the rational basis for the universe & human existence – is embedded in creation & embodied in Jesus Christ as God incarnate.” Not only are Jesus’ words God’s, but His whole being reflects God perfectly.
- So… Jesus shows us the face of God.As Isaiah said, He is Immanuel, “God with Us” (Isa 7:14).
Jesus Christ, Heir of All Things, Immanuel, Logos, Son of God, Savior…
When have you had a better offer than that?
Will You Help?
Will you help me out? Click Here to take a brief survey on your experience on this page (You will NOT be directed to an advertiser! This is for my research, only!).
- Jesus, for me it’s Jesus (conversationinfaith.wordpress.com)
- Is Jesus important in your life? (eslschoolforenglish.wordpress.com)
- Who Is This Jesus? (purehope.net)
- Jesus Christ: The True Greatest Prophet (conmakhalira.wordpress.com)
- Description of Jesus Christ – 1 (divineheartofgod.org)