Because I am such a Pinterest fanatic, the folks at Pinterest send me weekly emails with pins I might like and boards that they’ve picked out for me to follow. Check out this video pin, “Holes of Happiness,” by Steve Wheen, the “Pothole Gardener.” I can’t tell what appeals to me most about this video: the greenery in the most unexpected, bleak places… the reactions of the passersby… or the teeny tiny accessories that Steve plants in his pothole gardens. What a delightful, refreshing idea!
Here are my other favorite pins from the week:
#264: Mountain Range, by Geometry Daily: Great computer-generated graphics using simple geometric shapes to create amazing designs. I’m thinking math stations, art connections, Fibonacci numbers, architectural elements… lots of fun uses.
Because I like to collect my own posts on Pinterest boards, here are two I just published today, and pinned: a botanical study, Apple Flowers to Apple Fruits, on my Simple Science Strategies board; and Low-Iodine Eating: Day 1 on my Life After Breast Cancer board.
- Guerrilla Gardening – Man Fills Potholes with Flowers (proflowers.com)
- Here’s and interesting concept: Guerilla Gardening at its best! (tiggerrenewing.wordpress.com)
- Join the pothole gardener on a spurt of guerrilla gardenening (adedmuse.com)
- Time Is Precious (rubylane.com)
- When He Sees a Pothole, He Turns it Into a Tiny World (sierraclub.typepad.com)