Our first (and hopefully, not last) trip to the orchard was to Buell’s Orchard in Eastford, Connecticut. We were glad to have Grandma fly up from Jacksonville, Florida to join us (her arms were very tired — ha ha ha!).
The apples have turned into lunchbox snacks, fresh juice in the juicer, and lots and lots of apple brown betty! We also learned about how apples change colors, and the role of cold nights, sunshine and shade in the color process.
- Apple Picking (puddlewonderfullife.wordpress.com)
- How ’bout them apples? (toledoblade.com)
- A Visit to the Apple Orchard: A Day of Gladness (jansreflections.com)
- Apple Picking, Apple Donuts, Apple Cider, Apple EVERYTHING! (punkwife.com)
- Fruits of old: Chicago gears up for an urban heirloom fruit orchard (grist.org)