Hubbard’s Cupboard has downloadable resources that can be used to help your kids (and you!) memorize important Scriptures:
- Joyful Heart Tune Charts: Colorful drawings and key scriptures, set to familiar childhood tunes.
- Joyful Heart Bible Verse Charts: These look like the tune charts, without reference to the tune.
- Joyful Heart Bible Verse Copywork: Primary or regular ruled lines, with the Scripture at the top.
- Joyful Heart Bible Verse Strips: The words of the Scripture, to cut out and re-order to create the text.
Also included are ideas on how to create Scripture binder, “Go-Fish” style card games and other activities, using these four resources.
Our Bible Study Plan
We are using Genesis through Deuteronomy and Ancient Egypt, by Simply Charlotte Mason. Their are suggested readings and activities for the whole family, as well as grade-appropriate tasks — truly a one size fits all program. I love the way it intertwines Bible reading, the history of the lands and people of the Bible, and supportive reading from both historical fiction and non-fiction sources.
The core text is, of course, the Bible. We are using The Everyday Life Bible, by Joyce Meyer (click on the photo for ordering information).
As we go through the Bible, I am printing out the associated resources (if any) from Hubbards’ Cupboard, or using my own narration activities.
Finally, we are creating a Child Training Bible.
See my Pinterest Board, Home Bible Studies, for more ideas.
- The Bible. (espeart.wordpress.com)
- Using the Bible to Meet with God (paulburkhart.wordpress.com)
- Scripture Memory Tool (livingshalom.com)
- Digital or Paper? (bluechippastor.org)