- 1 lb. tricolor rotini or rotelle
- 1/2 – 1 lb Crab Delights, lobster flavored, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and quartered lengthwise, then sliced*
- 1 c cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c. your favorite Italian salad dressing**
- 1/4 c. your favorite creamy dressing
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse repeatedly until cool, then keep in cold water until ready to mix salad.
- Prepare Crab Delights, cucumber, and tomatoes. (*NOTE: I the skin is thin on the cucumbers, I don’t peel them — I like the texture and the color).
- Drain pasta. Toss with Italian dressing. Carefully stir in seafood, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
- Mix together creamy dressing and mayo. Stir into salad until everything is coated. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Sprinkle top of salad with Parmesan cheese before serving.
I make this recipe for many summer gatherings. The “fixings” vary with what I have on hand, but I love the texture of the cucumbers, so they are almost always in it. This batch used garden-fresh cukes and tomatoes, fresh from a local community garden.
Experiment with the kinds of salad dressings you use for different effects. This time, I used a generic Italian dressing and a creamy Caesar.
We are fans of hot sauces, and I have been loving the chili sauces from Southeast Asia lately. I can’t help it — I put it on everything.
- Harvest Meal (theflamingpotholder.com)
- Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken, Avocado and Taco Dressing (heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.com)
- Cucumber, Tomato, & Arugula Salad with Roasted Eggplant [VAAB] (bilerico.com)
- 30 Minute Meals: 5 Meals / Monday’s Menu – 8.20.2012 (alittlebitme.com)
- My Mother’s Pasta Salad Is The Bomb. Want Some? (new102.cbslocal.com)