- 1 T vegetable oil
- 12 oz. boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized strips
- 2 cups Oriental eggplant, peeled and cut into bite-sized strips
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 T. Thai Kitchen Roasted Red Chili Paste
- 1 T sugar
- 3 T. fish sauce
In a wok or skillet, heat oil until very hot. Add chicken strips and stir-fry until browned. Remove from pan and place on a platter.
In a small bowl, combine chili paste, sugar and fish sauce. Reserve for later.
Add vegetables to skillet (add more oil if needed), and stir-fry until crisp-tender (about 3 minutes); return meat to skillet. Stir in chili paste mixture. Heat for 1-2 minutes, to blend flavors.
Serve over white rice. Serves 4.
- The Basic Steps of Making Great Pad Thai (answers.com)
- The First Meal from the Garden (goingbackwards.wordpress.com)
- What You’re Missing: The Essential Secret Ingredients of 5 Asian Cuisines (thekitchn.com)
- Thai Chicken Basil Fried Rice (theepochtimes.com)
- Soba Noodles with Eggplant and Mango (thebittenword.com)