Crossword Puzzles. Our science workbook (Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day) includes a crossword puzze as a review of each lesson.
When my eldest was a toddler, I used one of those photo albums with the clingy pages, and labeled each page with a letter of the alphabet, upper- and lowercase. We would cut out pictures from magazines of things that started with that letter, and add them to the album. We would start each day by reviewing our album, then add a few more things. He loved this alphabet book for years. You could make different pages for older students.
- words 3 ways: learning sight words for kindergarten (teachmama.com)
- How to Teach SnapWords (Sight Words with Pictures) to Your Child (child-1st.typepad.com)
- Learning Through Play: Sight Word Hopscotch (momto2poshlildivas.com)
- Play to Learn: Pizza Party! A Sight Word Review Game (momto2poshlildivas.com)
- Scrabble riddle responses (causalsportsfan.wordpress.com)
- Spelling (schoolmarmohio.com)