Today is off to a dreary, drizzly start, so it’s a good time to update you all on my June “3 in 30” goals:
My June Goals:
1. Finish setting up my revamped blog
- My blog gets updated and added to a little each day. I have expanded my main navigation menu, and have sorted out some of my posts from my other places, that really belong here. It’s fun, and a process. I used Mama Jenn’s blog planning tools to help schedule all the new parts of the blog. See my home page for the site map.
- Friday, I was nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” — what an honor! This is a big encouragement. See my “thank you” post for more information! Psyched!
2. Finish front kitchen garden installation
- I planted French marigolds (yellow and orange), planted two kinds of nasturtiums (‘Dwarf Cherry Rose’ and ‘Out of Africa‘), Monard citriodora, ‘Bethuah Rose’ lettuce, and ‘Little Tyke’ cucumber, and have some mint plugs ready to sneak in the back. Here’s a link to my post with my garden plan.
- My hanging petunias and fuchsia still bring in my friends, the hummingbirds.
3. Begin exercising
- I love the workout I’m using now, but I don’t do it every day, simply because we have been very busy with our house (painting, moving furniture, brush clearing, etc.) that I haven’t felt the need to do another workout, on top of that. So I do the workout on days when we don’t work on the house. So far, I’ve lost 6 lbs since the beginning of May! I’ve also been collecting ideas to keep me interested in working out (I love sports, but do not love working out).
- I found that I need to modify my pushups, for the first time in my life. My right arm doesn’t have the same mobility as it did before the lymph nodes were removed during breast cancer treatment in 2009, and lymphedema makes my hand swell if I do too much with that arm. So I modify! Eventually, I will be back to my former self. I started the “Think Pink” section of my blog, and a special Pinterest Board (“Life After Breast Cancer“) to encourage people who are getting healthy after breast cancer treatment.
You can join the “3 in 30 Challenge.” Click the button to find out more…
And some photos of family fun in our back yard…
- Breast Cancer Treatment Benefits From Strong Workout Routine [Study] (inquisitr.com)
- Breast cancer patients suffer treatment-related side effects long after completing care (eurekalert.org)
- Exercise improves quality of life during breast cancer treatment (medicalxpress.com)
- Physical Activity and Well-Being During Breast Cancer Treatment (expsychlab.com)
- Lymphedema After Breast Cancer Surgery (everydayhealth.com)
- 30 Days Active June (nikkiinhighgear.wordpress.com)
- Get in shape with MyFitnessPal (reviews.cnet.com)