45 And straightway he constrained his disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida, while he sent away the people. 46 And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray. 47 And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land. 48 And he saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night he cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them.49 But when they saw him walking upon the sea, they supposed it had been a spirit, and cried out: 50 For they all saw him, and were troubled. And immediately he talked with them, and saith unto them, Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid. 51 And he went up unto them into the ship; and the wind ceased: and they were sore amazed in themselves beyond measure, and wondered. 52 For they considered not the miracle of the loaves: for their heart was hardened.” (Mk 6:45-52) 28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” 29 “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” 31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,”he said, “why did you doubt?” 32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.” (Mt 14:28-33)
What We Learn:
- Jesus has dominion over the wind, waves and physical forces of the earth.
- If we keep our focus on Him, we can have that dominion, too.
- When we allow ourselves to be distracted by what our “physical man” experiences (rough seas, danger, troubles), we lose sight of our real power, which comes from God.
- Jesus is ready and willing to bail us out of our troubles, if we just ask Him.
- When has God pulled me out of the stormy seas?
- When have I felt God’s hand and presence during times of trouble?
- Do I want to be with Jesus so much that I’d “step out on faith,” despite what my senses tell me?
- Jesus Walking on the Water (tvaraj2inspirations.wordpress.com)
- The Call to Walk on Water (pegrichards.wordpress.com)
- Keep Your Eyes on IT … (kevinriles.typepad.com)
- A Lesson From Luke 5 (notsoprivatemusings.wordpress.com)
- Turning fear into faith (inspiredness.wordpress.com)
- Be Merciful to Those who Doubt (jesuscarriesme.com)
- Freedom from Bondage! (fblanker.wordpress.com)
- Storms in our lives (lancelottuckerblog.com)
- Even Christ Had to Pray More Than Once (relijournal.com)